Baked Ratatouille with Havarti Cheese is layered with eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers and summer time squash.
True story, my favourite Disney film of all time is Ratatouille. I’ve watched it a whole lot of instances with Madison and it by no means will get previous. My model of the basic French dish is extra like a casserole, much like this Noodless Zucchini Lasagna, solely with out the ricotta and meat sauce.
How To Make Baked Ratatouille
I sliced the greens skinny with my mandolin (please watch out when slicing) which speeds the prep time up, and grilled them on my grill pan to assist dry out the greens so the top outcomes gained’t be watery which labored like a appeal! This is very nice within the late summer time, in case you’re like me and have an over-abundance of veggies in my backyard.
Baked Ratatouille with Havarti Cheese
Layers of eggplant, zucchini and squash are baked in a tomato sauce with bell peppers and herbs then topped with Havarti cheese. This is a superb tasting meatless important dish.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/eighth inch thick
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- Three garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/Eight tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/Eight tsp crimson pepper flakes (non-compulsory)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon recent thyme
- Four recent basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small crimson bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small (6 ounce) zucchini, sliced 1/eighth inch thick
- 1 smalll (6 ounce) yellow squash, sliced 1/eighth inch thick
- Three ounceslight Havarti cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a big non-stick skillet add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic 2-Three minutes. Add 1 tsp salt, black pepper, tomato sauce, crimson pepper flakes if utilizing, bay leaf, thyme, basil, crimson and yellow bell pepper; sauté one other 5-Eight minutes on medium-low warmth.
- In a big nonstick grill pan, grill the zucchini and eggplant 2 to three minutes on both sides.
- Add 1 cup of the sauce to a casserole dish. Layer the eggplant, squash and the zucchini. Pour the remaining sauce excessive and high with the cheese. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 slice
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 185 energy
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 11g
All photos and textual content ©